Training Time: 26 minutes
Dispel some of the common myths about asbestos by educating your team about Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM) and how to work safely around them. This course describes the most common types of asbestos as well as the hazards asbestos may present. It provides an overview of the history of asbestos use, exposure limits, detection, prevention, and regulation.
It also covers some of the potential effects of long-term exposure including asbestosis, lung cancer, and mesothelioma.
• Describe the physical properties of asbestos
• State the historical and present uses of asbestos
• Identify the asbestos exposure risks and understand the health effects
• Recognize the various types of materials containing asbestos
• Identify potential asbestos-containing materials in the workplace
• Define safety measures to prevent exposure